10. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
9. He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
8. He who mocks the poor shows contempt for the Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished.
7. He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
6. If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.
5. A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.
4. Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court.
3. The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.
2. Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.
1. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.